Overview of the Manage System Messages Report
Administration > Manage System Messages
All system messages will display in a list report format. You can view and edit each system message (except the message code), and except the list to Excel.
Additional Information about the System Messages report
- The total number of Messages displays on the left above the report. Your CommunityForce system comes preloaded with 271 system messages.
- Click the Search button to display three fields you can use to search for specific system messages. Please see the Search article for more details.
- Click the Add System Message button to create a new message.
- Click the Export to Excel button to download a file containing selected or all status details. Please see the Export Report article for more details.
- The report sort order can be changed by clicking the up/down arrow symbol next to the heading in any column.
- Click the Add/Edit link to add a new or edit an existing language translation for the message.
- Click the Edit (pencil) icon to make changes to a specific system message.
- Use the navigational tools located below the report to move through the pages or change the number of records displayed per page.
Report Column Descriptions
Message Code: System messages are numbered sequentially beginning with the number 101. The Message Code ties the system message to a specific workflow in the system and cannot be changed.
Message Type: Examples of message types are Status Update, System Error, System Alert, and Warning.
Message Description: The description contains the message that will display to users when the message type is triggered. For example, when a user clicks the delete button to remove a record, the message that displays in the confirmation message is pulled from the message description.