Organization Selection for Applicants
When applicants register for a user account, they will be prompted to choose their organization from a predefined list, streamlining the process and eliminating the need to manually input organization names. This ensures that all grant applicants provide the correct and pertinent organization name during registration.
Site administrators and grants administrators retain full control over this feature, with the ability to manage, control, and augment the list of available organization names under the organization field. By empowering administrators to add organizations, they enable users to seamlessly select and associate their organization with their user account while registering into the system.
In the event that a user's organization is not present in the provided list, a straightforward solution is in place. Users can easily reach out to the site administrator or grants admin to have their organization added. This proactive approach ensures that all organizations, regardless of their initial inclusion, can be accessible for users to select when creating their accounts. Simplify and enhance the user experience while maintaining the accuracy of organizational names throughout the application process.
To enable this feature on your site and enhance user experience, please reach out to CommunityForce’s Client Support by submitting a ticket on Zendesk.
Accessing the Manage Organizations Screen as an Admin
Administrators have comprehensive control over organization names with the ability to add, update, or delete them directly from the Manage Organization screen, conveniently located under the Administration tab. To access this screen, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Once you log in as an administrator, click on the 'Administration' option from the top navigation.
- Step 2: Once you are under the Administration tab, open the left navigational panel, and click on "Manage Organizations".
- Step 3: Under the "Manage Organizations" screen, you will be presented with a list of organization names if they have already been created in the system.
Add New Organization
- Step 1: Click on the "Add Organization" option to include a new organization in the list on the registration page, allowing users to select and create a user account in the system.
- Step 2: Enter the new organization name and click on 'Save'
- After creating the organization, it will be visible to users on the registration page for them to select and create their user account in the system.
Edit Existing Organization Name
- Step 1: Click on the edit icon to modify the existing organization name.
- If the organization name is not available for you on the first page, you can always search for an existing organization name using the search option and then click on the edit icon.
- Step 2: Update the organization name, click on Save, and the changes will be reflected on the registration page for the applicants. If any user account is created with the existing organization name before the update, that user account will also be updated with the modified organization name.
Deleting Organization Name
- Step 1: If you find the organization name to be redundant or unnecessary, you can delete the organization name by clicking on the delete icon.
- Step 2: Upon clicking on the delete icon, the system will prompt you with a pop-up message asking for confirmation. Click “Yes” to confirm.
- The system will confirm with a toaster message that the organization has been deleted.
- If any organization is associated with any user account, the system will prompt you with a toaster message indicating that the organization cannot be deleted upon clicking on the delete icon. To delete this organization name, you need to update the associated user accounts with another organization name. You can do this from the 'Setup User Accounts.' To learn how to edit the user account, please click here.