The Proxy feature allows you to apply on behalf of someone else. If the user you are applying on “behalf of” already has a user account you can proceed with completing the application for them. If they do not have an account, then you can create a new account for them. An email will go out to that individual notifying them that an account has been created.
Important Note: If the site administrator has turned off the feature to allow applicants to create user accounts for other users, you will not be able to create the user account. Only accounts that have already been created will be able to be selected.
- Step 1: When you log in and select the apply button on an application to apply to, if the Proxy feature is activated the following box will appear on your screen:
- Step 2 a: If you select the Apply for Self: The submission description box will appear just like it does if using multiple submission. You will need to enter a description in the box and click Apply to proceed with the application.
- Step 2 b: If you select Apply on behalf of Someone: A box will appear, where you will search to see if the applicant you are applying on behalf of currently has a user account.
- Step 3: The proxy applicant (you) will then search for the individual you are applying for. The Search result screen will appear:
- Step 4 a: If there is an account for the individual you will see the name listed in the box below, and will click the Select next to that user’s name: (Skip the following steps and proceed to Step 7)
Important Note: If the site administrator has turned off the feature to allow applicants to create user accounts for other users, you will not be able to create the user account. Only accounts that have already been created will be able to be selected. You will not be able to add this user at this time.
- Step 4 b: If there is not an account for the individual you will see an Add User line that you can click on to create a user account for the individual.
- Step 5: Once you click the Add User the following box will appear where you will enter the information for the person you are “applying on behalf of”
You can use the email message box to enter a personalized message to that individual letting them know why you are starting this application for them.
- Step 6: Once you click the Add button, this will create the login account for that individual you are applying on behalf of.
- Step 7: The following box will appear next. As the proxy (you) will need to assign a description to this submission.
- Step 8: The proxy (you) then can proceed with applying for the application on behalf of that individual.
- Step 9: If there are Pre-Qualifications questions set on the application form you will need to answer those questions correctly first. Otherwise, once you start the application you will receive the following message that you can click OK on to proceed.
- Step 10: Once you click OK, an email will go out to the email address that was entered, notifying the individual that an application has been started on their behalf.
- Once the proxy (you) has started the application you can access it going forward, by logging in as yourself and clicking the My Proxy Applications tab in your dashboard:
You can hover over the application name to see the description of the application.
If you wish to be included in any communications that are sent automatically from the site to the applicant, you can select the Yes/No option in the Include in Communication column. This will open the Proxy User box.
Select the Include in Communication and click the Save button. To de-select this, repeat the step and remove the check from the Include in Communication and click the Save.
5.1 How does an applicant view their applications that a Proxy started for them
- Step 1: Log in to the Site using your login credentials that either you created or were created by a Proxy.
- Step 2: Click on your My Applications Tab. This will show you a listing of all your application forms that have been started by you as well as any started by a proxy.
- Step 3: locate the application form and click on the name.
- Step 4: This will open that application’s dashboard. Any of the application’s section(s) that were started by the proxy will show completed as if you completed those sections yourself. You can then complete the remainder of the application form and submit the form, if the Proxy has not done this for you already. If the application shows as a Status of Submitted the Proxy completed the application in full and already submitted it for your and there will be no other action needed. However, any other status may require action on your part.