Create User Accounts from an External Site Directory (w/Integration)
This is used only if you have purchased integration allowing the user account to be created from the CommunityForce site. The user will then use the same login credentials for your site as they do for the CommunityForce site.
This feature will search for the name you enter in the directory of the external program. Once it is found it will automatically create the user account in CommunityForce. Before using this feature, the integration mapping must be completed by the development team.
To activate this feature, you must select Yes in the Site Settings>Active Directory LDAP Settings>Enable LDAP in User Management. If this is not selected this will not be available on the Setup Users screen.
1. Click the Add Users From *** button on the right above the Setup Users Report.
The following screen will display:
2. Enter the Last Name and the First Name of the user you want to search for in the external directory.
3. Click Search to search that directory for the user. The directory will return the matching results.
4. Click the Add button next to the individual you want to add.
Once the user is located, an account will be created using the data from the external directory.
5. Enter any of the missing information, assign a role type, and select one or more sponsoring organizations/departments if necessary.
6. Click Save or Save & Exit to create the new user.